Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations into lp:widelands

in my installation the vast majority of available maps are such external maps (including S2 maps)

I explained this also in the bug.

While thinking about it I came along a possible solution for the long calculation time.
It might help to have the calculation in a parallel thread (e.g. running automatically after including theterritorial functions) delivering a global variable Valuable fields. Only thing we need to consider then is not calling the variable too early in the game (i.e. sending a status message) This can be achieved by sleeping the main loop probably.

By this we can start playing while the calculation is done in the background.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations/+merge/361366
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations into lp:widelands.