Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/ship_scheduling_2 into lp:widelands

What has been common practice when Widelands started development, is not the favorite approach anymore and doesn't have to remain the same practice forever. Big fails in prediction is not in the nature of programming, but in the nature of old-fashioned development. Collaborative development is not an exception. The industry has moved forward (although not all parts of it) and a project like Widelands would only benefit from reconsidering its paleolithic approach (and this is something that the rest of Widelands developers seemed to realize).

No, I don't need to deal with that stuff in our era. It's not my business anymore, but the ideal point in time to reconsider a project's approach is right after a major release, so don't lose that rare-in-Widelands opportunity. There are good chances that you will be wondering why you didn't do it earlier.

I have not been in search for a community, I didn't come here begging to belong somewhere. I offered to help, but I got "embraced" with immediate doubts and trash. I tried my best to consider it as a problem of communication or culture. So I gave it a chance and proved that I can contribute (which I did in various fields, including the most demanding one). In the end it was not a problem of communication, but one of realism. Even abandoning the project could be considered as a form of helping it wake up.

And I don't believe that I'm a special case. Not many developers would tolerate that environment. Widelands community is suffering from isolationism. Open doors cannot help when minds are closed. This is a well-known pattern in open-source projects.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/ship_scheduling_2/+merge/355510
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/ship_scheduling_2.