wikkid-dev team mailing list archive

Helping with Wikkid

Hello,

I am old acquaintance of Tim's from his University days and have become aware of Wikkid via Facebook.

I want to help, even though I am not a developer. I am a philosopher/ethicist with an interest in IT, and Wikkid interests me as does contributing to an Open Source/Free software project.

I can help with documentation and user/use testing -- from the perspective of someone who is IT literate but not a developer.

Of course, to do this I need to get Wikkid working, but the install instructions are not clear to a user such as myself.

I have an Ubuntu 10.4 virtual machine I can play with.

I can make sure the dependencies are met -- I can drive command line package managers as well as graphics ones. (The command line does not scare me.)

So to install Wikkid do I?

1. Make sure all the dependencies are met
2. Download and extract the files to an appropriate directory (Is there a recommended directory to unpack the files to such as /opt?)
3. Type setup.py in the directory in which the files are extracted within a shell
4. See what happens next ...

Grant D. Vallance

Follow ups