wintermute-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Wintermute and the Web

Sweet, Phill. Having an introspection is always good. We would be trying to
have a plugin that communicated to Wintermute and Chrome by means of D-Bus.
D-bus is Wintermutes needle into the veins of the system...

On Friday, September 9, 2011, Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ** CORRECTION** for UBUNTU, not just Lubuntu :)
>
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 3:16 AM, Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> Of course, I *could* always ask Fabien for his views? Oh... Fabien...
He's the guy who deals with the Chromium bugs via Lubuntu & gets releases
out in a couple of hours. He's one of the Chromium Developers and comes
across as a really nice guy. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :)
>> Regards,
>> Phill.
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 1:35 AM, SII <dante.ashton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> We'd still have to do some major mods to get Winty to fit it into it's
own DE. (yes, working on the design, give me a couple more days)
>>> -Dante

of NPAPI (ie: search up Chromify-OSD in the Chrome Store). We could bind it
to interpret whatever it can from Flash objects (some objects could be
linked to RDF data, but I haven't seen it done).

things simpler for Wintermute; This means control of functions/applications
as well as versions.
to web-browsing for a machine. For instance, Flash objects will be opaque to
Wintermute; it only makes sense to humans. Same with video regardless of
format.

https://launchpad.net/~jackyalcine>