wintermute-psych team mailing list archive

jacky.alcine@xxxxxxxxxx has shared: Windows 8 OEM specs may block Linux booting

jacky.alcine@xxxxxxxxxx wanted to share this with you:

Guys, this is some scary stuff. If (and us knowning Microsoft, it will) this gets through, it'd be impossible to boot Linux, and in turn, the WintermuteOS. This is something I was looking at on this site before and on DarkReading, but I didn't really think Microsoft would pull through with it. I, personally, will start looking at the Grub project and seeing what I can do to help and circumvent this danger..

Windows 8 OEM specs may block Linux booting
http://shar.es/HPTMd
After years of trying to cut off Linux growth as a desktop platform on x86 and x64 PCs, Microsoft may have actually figured out a way to stop Linux deployments on client PCs dead in their tracks.