x301 team mailing list archive

Re: XServer restarts after resuming

Hi Tobias, my mute works but there is no OSD. Is that what you fixed? Can you point us to the bug or tell us what you did to fix it?

My resume works ok, but I am getting the Intel X-server freezing GPU problem every day or two (bugs 365994, 365527, 363900). Mostly random or when logging out. Either just screen/keyboard/mouse freezing (underneath ok) or total lock up, sometimes a kernel Oops.

Aaron.

Tobias Wolf wrote:
Hello, I just joined the group. The installation of Ubuntu Jaunty went very
well. The only thing I had to fix was the Mute button.

But now I realized that upon resuming from suspend-to-ram almost always
X restarts and I’m presented with the GDM login screen instead of the
loaded desktop. Did anyone experience this? How would I go to get to the
bottom of this?

--Tobias