x301 team mailing list archive

Re: XServer restarts after resuming

I was getting a serious amount of X lockups under Jaunty. They weren't
complete system lockups in that I had reasons to believe the system
was still active at some level (caps lock sometimes worked, or the
hard drive light would still flicker) but the X window system was
completely stuck

After following the instructions below to upgrade to 2.6.30-rc2
kernel, the problems have disappeared completely:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-freeze-test

I never needed to go past step 3.

I hope that helps. Either way it may enable you to report the bugs and
get them resolved. There are a number of high priority bugs logged in
relation to Ubuntu on Intel graphics - your issue may already be
reported

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bugs