Re: -lglut

Janek Kozicki wrote:

Olivier, you have removed -lglut from
yade-core/projects/kdevelop/yade/yade.pro and I had to add it!

I have already had this problem, just after my return to poland. I've
spend three days to find out why the display is wrong. And the solution
was to link yade-core with glut. I told you about it, but you have
forgotten that.

Yes, I don't understand why yade-core must be linked with glut. But if
it is not - then opengl display doesn't work! This looks like a bug in
the 3.3 linker. If you don't have this problem, then it is fixed in 4.0.1.

Look at the attached screenshot. This is SDECSpheresPlane, with 12
spheres. You should see spheres and a plane. Zooming is correct. But
instead you can see infinitely big planes, textured like spheres (this
cross-like texture)!

I can make a bugreport about that, if you want. And we will fix it when
most of yade users will switch to gcc 4.0 (this will happen when debian
etch will be released ;). Because now, almost everyone in l3s is using
3.3 - debian sarge is using 3.3.

The problem by doing that is that yade-core will require an extra lib to compile which is absolutely not related to framework code but only to display which is bad if you want to just run yade with nullgui for exmaple (and we made a lot of effort to totally split computation from gui stuff). On top of that it is strange that you have this problem because it was working on both my laptop and computer at my lab with gcc 3.3 or 3.4. Maybe the problem comes from qglviewer. I remember, some time ago, everybody had a problem with it. It was doing totally wrong display; it was very similar to the screen shot you send. The problem was that on some machine it was not possible to compile qglviewer with optimisation flag for an unknown reason. The compiler was doing wrong optimization and the resulting lib was wrong. Maybe you should try that.