Re: Note on optimized compilation / optimized coding / profiling results

> That is true : valgrind shows only one call to "new" in 100k iterations.
> Time is spent in another function that I can't identify (named
> "0x000F..."), probably because it is a macro, an inlined function, or
> something like that.

That is a library function (boost, libstdc++, ...?) and the library was
compiled without debugging symbols. If a function is inlined, it is not
a separate function but the compiler inserts the code at that place
where called (hence valgrind would attribute it to the caller). The same
with macros, where preprocessor inserts the program text at the place
where used.

Vaclav