Re: Note on optimized compilation / optimized coding / profiling results

Václav Šmilauer said:     (by the date of Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:02:36 +0100)

> > Time is spent in another function that I can't identify (named
> > "0x000F..."), probably because it is a macro, an inlined function, or
>
> That is a library function (boost, libstdc++, ...?) and the library was
> compiled without debugging symbols. If a function is inlined, it is not

There are debian packages like libstdc++6-dbg or libboost-dbg, if
they are installed, the compiler should link with them if compiled
with debug symbols. We should check if it works.

This would be extremely useful for Bruno.