Re: strided collider speedups

Ah... ok, sorry.
Still, one important thing is that, whatever the algorithm, it is possible to run a collider only once per N steps (I never seriously considered that for now as I thought the collider would take around 17% of cpu time in any simulation). Actually, Vincent was suprised yesterday when he realised this strategy was not yet used in Yade.

Also note that the number of interactions will not scale with factor^3 in many cases, as long as factor < ~1.5.
This is due to to mutual exclusion.

Bruno
Just read the abstract and forget it :
"The algorithm is applicable to systems comprising bodies of a similar
sizes."

Bruno

Not hurry, read further
"In the second part of the paper the algorithm is extended to particles
of different sizes."