status of yade.hmg.inpg.fr yade-dem.org ?

Guys,

The wiki's desynchronisation gets worse each day.

Do you have domain which won the voting yade-dem.org ?

Are we ready to switch?

No, at least two things still prevents us:

1. there is no redirect from http: to https:

   people visiting http://yade.hmg.inpg.fr/ get a stupid error message:

   "The requested URL / was not found on this server."

2. the original wiki isn't fully copied. Just browse the pages, and
you will see lots of missing links. For example:

   https://yade.hmg.inpg.fr/index.php/Publications

  All .pdfs, that were uploaded to our wiki, are not here! And people
  had put a lot of effort to upload their stuff. Don't expect them
  all to do this again.

Some files are still relying on berlios !! Those files should be now
put on server in Grenoble. We stopped using berlios, or maybe not?

Look at:

  https://yade.hmg.inpg.fr/index.php/Screenshots_and_videos

You need a bot, that travels all pages, and downloads remote links,
if they point to a single file (a .pdf, or a movie, or maybe sth.
else). Or if it's too time consuming to write a bot for that, some
person needs to sit down and download all stuff from all pages on

  http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Special:AllPages

So currently we still have two wikis, that de-sychronize at
catastrophic speed, and not a single guy, that wants to spend time to
work to fully switch. What a mess.

If we send an email to wikia.com admins to ask them to make a
redirect from yade.wikia.com to Grenoble server (whatever
http://yade.hmg.inpg.fr/ or http://yade-dem.org ) the original wiki
will be totally inaccessible (will be redirecting to new one). And
then it will be impossible to download all those files (.pdfs and
videos) that I mentioned.

And yes, it is possible to stack several "RedirectMatch 301"
requests. So it is possible to have first a http://yade.hmg.inpg.fr/
and redirect later to http://yade-dem.org. Now we can make bets on
how much time this all will take :P. My optimistic bet is: 10 months. :>
Pessimistic bet: never, and two insanely different wikis.

best regards