Re: PeriTriaxController

I am not as confident as you. Imagine spheres that do not overlap on a regular grid.
If you impose a shear rate at constant volume (without gravity) by making the displacement of each sphere proportional to their height (the total height of the cell remain constant), I think that the spheres will never interact (!)
Why not?!

 By imposing velocity proportional to the height, the displacement of each sphere will be different due to the different inertia. So, it seems not exactly equivalent in my opinion.

If you impose velocity, how can displacement depend on inertia?

An other point:
Even if periodic boundary condition works fine for triaxial loadings, it seems to me that the framework offered by yade deserves more than "tinkering". Otherwise I do not understand the interest! For this reason, I think it would be interesting to look in more detail what Gael and I say about H, r and s...
This is not something complicated and it is well-tested.
I totally agree for looking at the details. Let us do that asap, on our side. My feeling is the two things are totally equivalent* (and generalization to shear should not be a problem either). Perhaps I'm wrong, we will see. At least, we have something more homogeneous than before now.
We can always improve if it's not enough.

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43