Re: help with debug

I was about to send questions about this a few days ago.
Do you mean one-side multiplication returns the same result as two-side for normalized quaternions? Did you check that?
Can we consider quaternions are always normalized?
I'm never really sure when it comes to quaternions, but I would have write the same operation than Boon.

Bruno

What are you trying to achieve in terms of rotations? If you just try to
convert the point from global to local coordinates, use

localPt=state->ori.Conjugate()*(pt-state.pos)

    localP1 = state1.ori.Conjugate() * tempP1 * state1.ori;

I think mathematitians write this multiplication from both sides, but
they really mean just rotation by the inverse (=conjugate, for
normalized) quaternion.

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43