Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 1932: - merge stiffness/inertia control in PeriTriaxEngine and remove periEngine

I don't really see any difference, unTransform only additionally removes
strech (which unShear doesn't). That means you have to scale the Aabb
(don't forget Facets).

The problem is unshear also applies stretches, and it leads to very complex corner cases (reason for the "cos" thing). Yes, I checked facets code too. No big deal. It is in fact simple to strectch Aabbs.

You have untransform sphere shape itself anyway, which gives ellipsoid,
in which case the Aabb is enlarged in the shear direction.

I am very sure that what you propose doesn't work, but you can try to
convince me :-)

Well, I can send you a working script but you also need my code (with spaces, very few comments... but no duplicate). I will not commit it because you would revert! ;)

Seriously, I see it running in front of me. You should trust me. :)
The last problem is it is still not infinite shear, it stops at the same point (ux/height=300% or so) than with unshear/size.

B.

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43