Re: incremental formulation normal force

jean-françois jerier a écrit :
If you need an incremental formulation for your contact law (to know if there is load or unload), I advice you to look at the contact law (NormalInelasticityLaw.cpp) written by Jerome Duriez.
More precisely this test:  if(un > currentContactPhysics->unMax) .....

The different data (as unMax) are saved into this file (NormalInelasticityPhys).
I hope that I have helped you.

Thanks for the advertissement Jf ! This law is indeed maybe similar as the one you need. The attached figure plots the evolution of the normal force with respect to the interpenetration, for a contact between two spheres. It is indeed controled by the save, in the physics of the interaction, of the maximum value of the interpenetration : unMax. I'm just trying to write a script which could illustrate this law and I think I'll use for that your mindlin_test.py... ;-)

So, feel completely free to ask !

--
Jérôme Duriez
ATER Iut 1 Grenoble, département GMP - Laboratoire 3S-R

image/eps