Re: clumps made of overlapping spheres

Václav Šmilauer said:     (by the date of Fri, 14 May 2010 11:20:54 +0200)

> > inertial matrix?
> Yes, that one will be computed wrong, i.e. as if there were no overlap
> of spheres == as if the overlapping zones had double density. The
> difference will be quite low if the overlap is 1/10.

exactly :) I ponder if I could derive with maxima a formula for
inertia of that overlapping part. Just pondering, no promises ;)

> > collision problems - two spheres from the same clump colliding with another sphere?
> No problem with that, there are never collisions within one clump.

I meant a sphere from another clump, manages to collide with both
spheres that are overlapping. But now I see that in fact there isn't
any problem here and simply has to work.

I assume that apart from inertial matrix it's going to be behaving in
correct manner. ;)

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |