moment law, doing it right

Hello,

I need to add two parameters:

- Rolling stiffness coefficient β
- Moment limit coefficient η

Currently β has a fixed value of 2.0 in Ip2_2xCohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys.cpp line 52

Where to add it? Should I add it to CohFrictMat.hpp or should I
derive from this class and name it CohFricRollMat ?

How to name it? rollingStiffnessCoefficient comes to mind. But could
be also a rollingCoefficient, bendingCoefficient and so on.

Currently η has a fixed value at ∞, or am I completely unaware that
it has been implemented in the code, by someone. It limits the
maximum value of rolling moment proportionally to Fn.

I remember you discussing that CohesiveFrictionalContactLaw should be
dissected somehow, into a 2-argument functor, or something else. What
was that?

Last question, why the name Ip2_2xCohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys instead of
Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys. Of course the latter is
longer. But is there a fixed convention about that? For instance the
file Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys.hpp  definitely breaks this convention.

best regards
--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |

Follow ups