Re: qt4 tree view, new attempt

> - it's not possible to "skip" serialization of some variables to
>   speed it up. You provide something and all of its internals are
>   serialized.
Too bad...

> - yes: if you serialize whole Scene - you really have it duplicated
>   in memory. There's no way around this. In fact O.saveTmp() could be
>   saving into this kind of structure. And display it on the screen on
>   demand.
saveTmp uses binary serialization, it is MUCH MUCH faster than XML or
anything else.

> But, it is also to replace a FileGenerator and Display options, where
> we still have yade serialization - in those places there is no problem
> with serializing whole class. It will work just as good.
Yes, but it is alittle too much work just for that.

I will try something in python, I think it will be simpler (you could
get just some part of the tree etc). I only need to record data about
attribute types in a some special (static) dictionary -- for some of
them, the type is obvious from their current value (such as 1. is a
float), but [] can be list of strings, floats, Vector3s etc...

> - save/load_override for Vector3r, Quaternionr and bool (I'd love to
>   have a checkbox for bool, I don't even know if qt4 allows
>   checkboxes in qt_tree ;)
I am sure it does, it is very flexible.

Cheers, v.