Re: Another stress in bodies

Hi,

Have a look to this paper: http://www.springerlink.com/content/l133vr26m7142101/
I can send you the pdf if necessary.
The stress computation at particle level is explained in section 5. Basically, it correspond from the dimensional point of view to the moment tensor divided by a volume. The volume can be chosen so that the sum of all particle-stress equal to the global stress. In Eq. 14, I assumed a homogeneous solid fraction ('compacité' in French), but this assumption can be avoided by using the voronoi-cell volumes...

Another think: I believe we can not talk about "exact mean stress tensor" at the particle level since the local volume is not well definable.

Vincent