Re: Call for help: a table for law functors

I added a column "user". If a law has no maintainer but is effectively
used, there is a chance to get users questions replied.
Else, if a law has no maintainer and no user for a sufficient time, it
will become candidate for being removed from trunk.

Bruno

On 04/10/12 18:39, Bruno Chareyre wrote:
> According to the current replies, the table looks like this, from green
> to red: https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/ConstitutiveLaws
> We are down to 4 contact laws (vs. 19 initially).
>
> For some of the red laws, I could have assign maintainers based on the
> authors (typically, Vaclav for Law2_L3Geom_FrictPhys_ElPerfPl, for
> instance). Such assignment would be useless IMO. From users perspective,
> the important question is not "who wrote that?" but instead "is there
> somebody responsive if I have questions on this law?".
> Hence, all laws for which I have no reply at the moment are red.
>
> Soon, there will be a link to this page in the main documentation.
>
> Bruno
>

> On 24/09/12 22:20, Bruno Chareyre wrote:
>> Dear devs,
>>
>> Even after removing a few contact laws recently, Yade has not less than
>> 19 contact laws left at the moment. A nightmare for new users.
>> There is a real need for a summary of them to let users find out more
>> easily what they need. I started working on that but I need your input
>> to build a table with all contact laws.
>>
>> I found that tables are painfull in sphinx, so I moved to the wiki to
>> elaborate one (we can always make an image to be included in sphinx later).
>> You will see my proposal here:
>> https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/ConstitutiveLaws#Constitutive_laws
>>
>> For each class, the fields are: description, development status,
>> validation (yes/no), publications, example script, maintainer(s)
>> Could you please complete the table if you are the author, or maintainer
>> (or even simply user, if no maintainer is around) of one law.
>>
>> If you have login problems on the wiki, just send me a line formated
>> like this:
>> className || description || development status || validated (yes/no) ||
>> publications || example  script || maintainer(s)
>>
>> I'm also open to suggestions on additional fields.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Bruno

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor