Re: Call for help: a table for law functors

According to the current replies, the table looks like this, from green
to red: https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/ConstitutiveLaws
We are down to 4 contact laws (vs. 19 initially).

For some of the red laws, I could have assign maintainers based on the
authors (typically, Vaclav for Law2_L3Geom_FrictPhys_ElPerfPl, for
instance). Such assignment would be useless IMO. From users perspective,
the important question is not "who wrote that?" but instead "is there
somebody responsive if I have questions on this law?".
Hence, all laws for which I have no reply at the moment are red.

Soon, there will be a link to this page in the main documentation.

Bruno

On 24/09/12 22:20, Bruno Chareyre wrote:
> Dear devs,
>
> Even after removing a few contact laws recently, Yade has not less than
> 19 contact laws left at the moment. A nightmare for new users.
> There is a real need for a summary of them to let users find out more
> easily what they need. I started working on that but I need your input
> to build a table with all contact laws.
>
> I found that tables are painfull in sphinx, so I moved to the wiki to
> elaborate one (we can always make an image to be included in sphinx later).
> You will see my proposal here:
> https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/ConstitutiveLaws#Constitutive_laws
>
> For each class, the fields are: description, development status,
> validation (yes/no), publications, example script, maintainer(s)
> Could you please complete the table if you are the author, or maintainer
> (or even simply user, if no maintainer is around) of one law.
>
> If you have login problems on the wiki, just send me a line formated
> like this:
> className || description || development status || validated (yes/no) ||
> publications || example  script || maintainer(s)
>
> I'm also open to suggestions on additional fields.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bruno

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor