Re: Logging and debugging

Hi Anton

On Thursday 22 August 2013 07:50:28 Anton Gladky wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> 2013/8/22 Klaus Thoeni <klaus.thoeni@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Hi guys
> >
> > log4cxx feature and yade.log module are not available any more, right? So
> > how
> > do you print your logs? I am used to use something like this in my
> > scripts:
> >
> > import yade.log
> > yade.log.setLevel('TheClassOfWhichLoggerYouWantToSet',yade.log.TRACE)
>
> setLevel does not work any more.

So what can I use to see the log output? Is there an other way for doing it
now? Or is this feature completely removed? If so all the LOGs in the code are
for nothing now.

> > One can cmake with -DDEBUG=ON which should compile yade in debug mode.
> > Before
> > cmake "yade --debug" was used to run yade in debug mode. It seems that
> > this
> > option is not valid any more. So how do you guys run debug and optimized
> > at
> > the same time? Do you define an other INSTALL_PREFIX for debug?
>
> Yes, you should have 2 different build-places and install debug and
> optimized
> versions in different paths or with different suffixes.

I see. Do I have to set something else? I just tried to put some std::cerr
output in the code and I compiled with debug but it is not appearing. I am
calling the right version of yade because I removed everything else before ;-)

BTW, do you think it is possible that yade tells you that you are running it
in debug mode? Maybe something like: Welcome to Yade 2013-08-15.git-4ef35b0
(debug)?

Thanks
Klaus