Re: Logging and debugging

2013/8/22 Klaus Thoeni <klaus.thoeni@xxxxxxxxx>:
> So what can I use to see the log output? Is there an other way for doing it
> now? Or is this feature completely removed? If so all the LOGs in the code are
> for nothing now.
LOG_WARN, LOG_ERROR, LOG_FATAL should work [1].

> I see. Do I have to set something else? I just tried to put some std::cerr
> output in the code and I compiled with debug but it is not appearing.

When I debug the code, I am doing exactly the same. It should appear or this
part of code is not executed.

> BTW, do you think it is possible that yade tells you that you are running it
> in debug mode? Maybe something like: Welcome to Yade 2013-08-15.git-4ef35b0
> (debug)?

Need to think about that. Debug-mode is just adding so-called debug-symbols.
It means, that during the crash you should get some more information about that.
That is a normal practice for the software.See, how many packages are
having -dbg
suffix. Most of them are just those symbols.

[1] https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/lib/base/Logging.hpp#L22

Anton