Re: Yade Workshop in Grenoble

I'm trying to be there, too.
Alex

Von: Yade-dev
[mailto:yade-dev-bounces+alexander.eulitz=iwf.tu-berlin.de@lists.launchp
ad.net] Im Auftrag von Bruno Chareyre
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014 09:52
An: yade-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [Yade-dev] Yade Workshop in Grenoble

Dear all,

This message is to announce the

            1st YADE Workshop(*), in Grenoble, july 7 to july 9, 2014.

The main objective is to gather people interested in DEM-related
developments, to discuss things like algorithmic issues, performance,
parallelization, new models and couplings, experiences with various
softwares, etc.

Applications of the DEM are not the priority. However, some time may be
allocated for them in order to have an overview of the current trends on
this side (maybe half a day, in the form of 15' talks), especially for
those applications that require new developments.
The largest part of the workshop will be dedicated to the
numerical/development aspects. And part of this (maybe the last day)
will take the form of less formal meetings really focused on the Yade
project.

This workshop should be the opportunity for us all in yade-dev to know
each other more directly, share ideas, and elaborate plans for the
future. Occasions for such meetings are really rare, since we are
distributed a bit everywhere around the world.

With this email, I wanted to give you at least the dates, since jully is
approaching already.
At the moment, I would like to estimate the number of participants from
yade-dev before opening the annoucement to a larger audience.

*** If you think you will be able to attend the workshop, could you
please send me an email? ***

The registration will be free of charge for yade-dev members
(subscribing to yade-dev later than today will not count!).
A more detailed agenda will follow, which will be open for discussion
here on yade-dev.
If you have suggestions regarding topics to discuss or special events
that you would like to see, feel free to suggest.

With best regards.

Bruno Chareyre

(*) Yet Another Discrete Element workshop!