Von: Yade-dev [mailto:yade-dev-bounces+alexander.eulitz=iwf.tu-berlin.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Robert Caulk
Gesendet: Freitag, 2. Februar 2018 19:38
An: Yade developers
Betreff: [Yade-dev] Yade related publication?

Hey Yade Devs,

I am wondering if we have the demand to create a Yade related white paper publication. The publication would document very Yade specific functionalities and I imagine some papers might even highlight pieces code. I think the format would be very flexible, some releases might be 3 pages with brief summary and figures, while others might be formatted similarly to a conference paper. In all cases, I think we could maintain a quality archive by incorporating CrossRef, reviewing the writing/work, and laying out the documents consistently.

Is it possible for us to set up a conduit for Yade users/devs to release Yade specific research to the public domain? If so, I'd like to spearhead the project. If there is some reason why we specifically should not and cannot do this, please let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to read the following questions. If you answer "yes" to either of these questions, do you mind replying and letting me know? This is my attempt to gauge interest. If we have none, I will scrap the idea entirely.

  *   Do you have any Yade related work that does not fit into a scientific journal, but has great value to existing/future Yade users? For example: maybe you have some lab notes with figures that exhibit some Yade functionality and you'd like to be able to reference this in another paper/appendix/supporting material.
  *   Do you have a conference/journal paper related to Yade that never ended up being published, but you'd like to reference the work?
Best regards,

Robert