Re: Yade related publication?

Hi Robert,

On 02/02/2018 07:37 PM, Robert Caulk wrote:
Hey Yade Devs,

I am wondering if we have the demand to create a Yade related white paper publication. The publication would document very Yade specific functionalities and I imagine some papers might even highlight pieces code. I think the format would be very flexible, some releases might be 3 pages with brief summary and figures, while others might be formatted similarly to a conference paper. In all cases, I think we could maintain a quality archive by incorporating CrossRef, reviewing the writing/work, and laying out the documents consistently.

I think it makes complete sense, I would support the initiative, thanks.
I would point out one risk though: it may distract one from writing an actual documentation (with sphinx) while we know that writing the doc is of highest importance. I feel that the benefits could be more than the risk, but the issue should be kept in mind. Actually the possibility of converting some of these white papers into sphinx documents (to be included directly as doc pages) could be systematically considered, and the white paper could be just a step in that direction.

This page is a good example of a short paper that was converted into a doc page.
https://yade-dem.org/doc/FEMxDEM.html

I think you know this one to: ;)
https://yade-dem.org/doc/amazonEC2.html