Re: Odp: Re: Yade for LTS Ubuntu 18.04

On 02/13/2018 10:12 AM, Robert Caulk wrote:
I’m running into deeper problems than I expected on this solver bug fix. I need some more time to trouble shoot.
Let me know, I can also try some things. I have been able at least to compile and run cholmod on 18.04 with simple c++ programs. I wanted to just replicate a hello-cholmod function inside yade to see if the problems come from some specific compilation/link options used for yade compilation.

What’s our deadline? I read something about a freeze till March 1st?
Yes beggining of March IIRC.

Regarding standard gpus for yade: No, suitesparse depends on double precision compute power and standard graphics cards are generally weaker than a multi core cpu for double precision compute.
I was expecting that, thanks.

That said, I noticed during my testing today that using cholmod directly for cpu solving does seem to re enable multi core factorization (something we used to have before our third party libs stopped playing nicely, right?).
Indeed, it used to work.