Re: Odp: Re: Yade for LTS Ubuntu 18.04

Ok, I pushed the fix for the DEM-PFV-check.py failure. I discovered the
issue was compiler related. GCC 5.4 on ubuntu 16.04 initialized
factorizeOnly to false by default, while GCC 7.2 on ubuntu 18.04 did not do
this. Therefore, the only necessary change ended up being the explicit
initialization of factorizeOnly=false.

My experience compiling, installing, and checking Yade master on Ubuntu
18.04:

   - The library installation requires libqglviewer-dev-*qt5 *instead of
   libqglviewer-dev. Otherwise, the libraries install with the same commands
   as on ubuntu 16.04.
   - Clean build is the same as ubuntu 16.04:
   cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../install ../trunk
   - Clean make/install is the same as 16.04: make -jX install
   - Checks (make check) all pass up until checkPolyhedraCrush.py, where it
   hangs. I see others noticed this issue as well.

In addition to the bug fix, I edited the solvers so flow.useSolvers=3 and 4
can now be used with the default CPU build. I can confirm that
flow.useSolver=4 enables multicore CPU factorization, while
flow.useSolver=3 sticks to 1 core factorization :-).

Cheers,

Robert