Re: Yade related publication?

Thank you, everyone, for so much for your feedback.

I agree with the general consensus that we want to keep the sphinx docs in
first priority, and possibly include white papers as part of the doc.
@Jérôme, actually yes, that is a good example of the type of outlet I'd
like Yade to offer :-)

Since we all seem to support this initiative, I've taken the next few steps:

*1.*  I've attached a latex template that we can use for consistent
document formatting. Please take a look at this template and send back any
and all changes you wish to make to it.  *All suggestions/changes welcome! *

*2.*  The name. "Yade Technical Archive" is just a placeholder at this
point. If you have any suggestions for the name, please send it my way.
Here are a couple ideas:

   - Yade Technical Papers
   - Yade White Paper Archive

*all other suggestions/variations welcome!*

*3.* CrossRef. I looked into becoming a member and there are a few caveats:

   - $275 annual membership fee (lowest non-profit organization membership
   price)
      - how will we pay this? Who pays for our website hosting and buildbot
      slave costs?
   - $1 one time fee per article submitted for DOI
      - how will we pay this? Do we charge the submitter?
   - Are these prices worth it for DOI?
      - Maybe, DOI maintains our article metadata for us in a searchable
      database used by most other publications (and google scholar).
   - If we decide to apply to become a member of CrossRef, we need 3 people
   to volunteer for the following positions:
      - Business contact
         - (receives product and service information)
      - Technical contact
         - (responsible for fixing any metadata errors, metadata quality
         contact)
      - Billing contact
         - (receives and pays the fees)

*4.* Yade website addition:

   - Should we add a new link to the homepage under documentation?
   - Should we just keep the documents in the references list?
      - Special "Yade Technical Archives" references subsection?
   - Both?

I appreciate your continued feedback! I think this will open up a nice
public relations avenue for Yade if we are able to move forward with it.

Cheers,

Robert