Re: Migrating to GitLab

On 12/5/18 7:21 AM, Klaus Thoeni wrote:
I terms of branching, I think this should be kept flexible. I think branches make sense if you work on major changes. However, I still think main devs should be able to push directly to the trunk, obviously with care ;-)
I think we need to distinguish two aspects:
1- do we "push" or do we "request-merge"?
2- who is allowed to accept the merge requests?

I don't see a real need to use direct push (point 1), one exception is when fixing simple bugs maybe. What you say is more  (I guess) that some devs need enough rights to accept their own MR (point 2). Right?