Re: Yade is not compatible with CGAL_4.13

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Sun, 6 Jan 2019 15:34:11 +0100)

> > Hi Janek,
> > I think that was the right fix, thanks.
> > Note that yade is not using the periodic triangulation implemented in CGAL
> > [1] so there is no question on that point afaik.
> > Bruno

good, great to know. During the migration I am not committing
anything to gitlab. I also will wait until you synchronize my commits
on github to gitlab :)

> > [1] that's because yade included periodicity years before cgal. I actually
> > implemented a periodicity based on cgal's non-periodic triangulation. Cgal
> > devs made periodic regular triangulation available more recently -
> > triggered by me for a part - but it's still not used in yade. Hopefully it
> > will be used one day but the refactoring it implies is a bit daunting.

Before we even think about doing this, let's first make sure that
whatever we modify has working tests :)

> I forgot to answer the test coverage question: no, move() is not covered by
> any test, even indirectly.
> The function is not used in other parts of the code currently.

That is one of the test cases which I want to discuss in the
compatibility thread :)

--
Janek Kozicki