PotentialBlocks & Particles documentation on website?

Hi,

Vasileios asked a very reasonable question:

> Regarding the PB & PP codes, their classes are not included in the Class
> reference online, as they are not enabled by default during compilation in the
> master branch. Is there a chance for them to be included, so someone who
> doesn't want want to dig in the scripts can understand how to use them? I am
> currently rewriting the descriptions of the class attributes related to them
> and Chia helped a lot by completing many of them during the past weeks in one
> of his commits.

The thing is, that the online https://yade-dem.org/doc/ class
reference compiled by yade is compiled from what classes are
available during compilation. So PotentialBlocks are not present in
inheritance graphs, and the variables are not documented.

Of course when Vasileios will write a chapter of documentation
in .rst it will be available, but then clicking the references to
relevant classes will not work.

Question is: how do we solve that?

Note that it is only about documentation on the website.

A separate concern, for another discussion is including them into a
debian pacakage release, because it will bring some dependencies with
it. Which might be difficult to deal with, especially given our bad
experience with CGAL. Personally I would prefer that we split yade
into more debian packages, based on their dependencies, like:

yade-cgal-dep,     - parts of yade that depend on CGAL
yade-coinor-dep,   - parts of yade that depend on coinor i.e. PotentialBlocks
yade-escript-dep,  - parts of yade that depend on python-escript, i.e. FEMxDEM
yade-fft-dep       - (future) parts of yade that depend on libfftw (quantum mechanics)

however I have no experience with making debian packages, so
I wouldn't know how to do that, at least as of today.

--
Janek Kozicki

Follow ups