Re: Call for testing, updated yadedaily packages

Hi Anton,

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 19:03, Anton Gladky <gladky.anton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Comments, critic are
> very welcome.

This is great! Thank you very much.
Was there specific difficulties with ubuntu16.04 (even if it's getting old
I'm sure there would be users of it)?
If yes, then let it be. If it just needs to add a name in [1] then it's
maybe worth it.
[1]
https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/merge_requests/185/diffs#9e4f27c17b0dc74b4dff4de88036f97a4daf0f00_0_7

> > p.s. just curious about the amazonaws hosting, issues with gitlab.com?
> If it helps local server yade-dem.org can be used to. Nothing against
>
> Now it is done on my laptop and I am just using the Amazon S3 for testing
> purposes.
> We can surely use it further, but I would also prefer to move to
> yade-dem.org.
> But we need to coordinate that.

Ok. There are two questions then:
- Where to host: yade-dem.org is available like before (it's on a brand new
hardware and it should stay for years), we need to give you access to it I
guess.
- Who/how to sign the packages: I don't see it very convenient if you have
to do anything manually, we are updating master many times a day at the
moment. Or maybe a few of us need to learn how to do it to.

> Theoretically, we could use the gitlab infrastructure to build the
> repository as well.
> But the problem is that it should be signed by the private yade-GPG key.
> And I would escape to upload this private key into the gitlab servers due
> to security concerns. Maybe I am missing something.

I know exactly what you mean. That's why currently yade-dem.org does wget
the documentation from gitlab (checking every 10 minutes or so) instead of
gitlab pushing actively. We did not like giving credentials to gitlab.
I don't think you missed anything, there is no escape on this aspect.

Regards