Re: should we drop qt4 support? + clang-format ?

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Tue, 10 Mar 2020 13:13:47 +0100)

> Do you mean to reformat the whole repository?

yes, exactly. Sorry for so many merge requests (again). This time I
was thinking that maybe someone was working in ./core and not in ./lib
directory. Maybe I should have done just one huge MR?. I usually
exaggerate stuff to stay on the safe side ;) But these MRs are
separate dirs, they cannot be in conflict with each other.

And I am thinking that maybe we can do this reformatting now, because
I finished the high precision stuff. While doing the HP coding I had
crazy amount of interleaving branches. Reformatting at that time
wasn't possible. And I had to make so many different merge requests,
and still they were quite large (even though I did split them into as
many smaller parts for easier checking as I could).

But now HP is finished, so we could do that (from my perspective).

Provided that it is not colliding with your local code. :)

It's not a problem to close these MRs, reopen later when needed and
`git push --force` the up-to-date reformatted code. Meaning: we can
do this later if it hurts anybody now.

Vasileios Angelidakis (PGR) said:     (by the date of Tue, 10 Mar 2020 13:45:59 +0000)
> I don’t have any objections if you clang-format the whole repository. Can do the same with my local WIP repository to avoid conflicts.

Great, thanks! Let's see what others can say about this? :)

best regards
Janek

Janek Kozicki, PhD. DSc. Arch. Assoc. Prof.
Gdańsk University of Technology
Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics
Department of Theoretical Physics and Quantum Information
--
http://yade-dem.org/
http://pg.edu.pl/jkozicki (click English flag on top right)