Re: Introducing Yade discord beta

Cool! I am this guy: https://xkcd.com/1782/

I found some irssi-discord bridge plugins, will try them :-)

best regards
Janek

Robert Caulk said:     (by the date of Thu, 6 May 2021 19:55:23 +0200)

> Hey Yade devs,
>
> A few of us were discussing the *idea of encouraging more collaboration*
> among Yade devs and the idea came up to create a central server for
> chatting about various topics and exchanging ideas.
>
> Discord seems to be a good candidate for this since we can organize the
> server into various topics (i.e. resources, polyhedra, fluid-couplings,
> geomechanics etc.) Also, we don't need to install any software to join and
> chat (there is a browser-based version)
>
> *The goal of this discord* server is to bring yade devs and users together
> in one place to chat freely and openly. If we are lucky, some
> collaborations will pop up, if we are unlucky it may just become a landing
> spot for new users.
>
> Before we open it to the public, I'd like to invite you yade devs to the
> "beta" server.  Come on over and say hey, start testing it out, and provide
> feedback. If you have any suggestions for the layout/organization, please
> let me know, and I will make sure to incorporate your recommendations.
>
> So, see you over at the yade discord server:
>
> https://discord.gg/kkZ4c3nQtV
>
> Cheers,
>
> Robert

Janek Kozicki, PhD. DSc. Arch. Assoc. Prof.
Gdansk University of Technology (Gdansk Tech)
Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics
Department of Theoretical Physics and Quantum Information
--
http://yade-dem.org/
http://pg.edu.pl/jkozicki (click English flag on top right)