Re: help compiling

Thanks, your explanations are extremely helpful. You
may want to reformat slightly and put this on the web
page, probably after "first steps" or so.

Unfortunately, I am not an experienced c++ coder and
the extensive usage of external libraries such as
boost or the math libraries does not make it easier to
understand the code (what is se3?). But I can find my
way around and may be able to slightly modify
exisiting code to make it do what I want.

I am very willing to give feedback and be generally
helpful with things I can do.

I think it is would be great to have a FileGenerator
which can read from a simpler format which encodes all
of the interesting existing objects. But the xml is
nice, too.

One may even think about a little script language
which can control a simulation dynamically, e.g. while
running.

I will look at the commandline interface to see what
states it stores and if it is possible to reload.

If is easy to do, I think a recording button would be
a great enhancement to the qtgui simulation.

--- Janek Kozicki <janek_listy@xxxxx> wrote:

> Andreas Plesch said:     (by the date of Fri, 21 Oct
> 2005 16:47:47 -0700 (PDT))
>
> > Hi Janek,
> >
> > yes, of course, my question was hard to address. I
> > should mention that we are using PFC2d right now
> for
> > geodynamic problems, and are looking into 3d. So I
>
> > am familiar with DEM, and concepts such as shear
> and
> > normal contact stiffness, walls and friction, or
> > particle bonding and bond breaking.
>
> in yade you will find them in
> persistentInteractions,
> volatileInteractions.

volatile only exists until there is no more contact ?
And persistant can exist without contact ?

> Also we currently have
> 'modified mohr coulomb'
> criterion but it is curretnly implemented in dirty
> manner and soon
> should be separated from ElasticContactLaw to
> CoulombCriterion. This
> will allow to add and mix with other criterions.
>
> > The most similar
> > model for us to start expanding on would
> > be the "spheres settling on a plane" model.
>
> so - I suggest you to modify SDECSpheresPlane.cpp,
> by simply adding
> another vertical plane, and attach it to a
> TranslationEngine (so it will
> apply a kinetic movement to that plane). And observe
> the results. If you
> want to record a force or anything during the
> simulation - have a look
> at how classes ForceRecorder, VelocityRecorder,
> AveragePositionRecorder
> are used in some filegenerators (eg.
> SDECImpactTest).

ok, I will look at this.