Re: Interpret the SDECSpheresPlane data file

Feng, Chen said:     (by the date of Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:53:10 -0500)

> Thanks, I attached a screenshot of the cylindrical tube I made, but you
> probably have to let it pass the moderator of the mailing list, I have
> previous OpenGL experience in Win32, hope it is not so different under FC3:)

wow, it certainly looks very nice! This very good indeed, because I've
made an openGL cylindrical tube opaque, and you have a wireframe.

It should be enough if you take your OpenGL code for wireframe tube and
put it in GLDrawHollowCylinder.cpp lines 29 to 30. You can see that when
user wants wireframe cylinder he just gets glutWireCube(1) instead of
that ;>

you can also try to improve openGL code for opaque cylinder if you want
to :) For example currently walls of that cylinder are smoothed with the
cylinder's edge, which looks quite bad (a gradual color change on the
cylinder's surface).