Re: About SDEC packing

Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Janek Kozicki a écrit :

>Bruno Chareyre said: (by the date of Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:43:29 +0200)
>

>>Unfortunately, it is not done currently.
>>I will probably code this soon, because we will need this soon...
>>

>Maybe you can try to cooperate with Yuannian to do that...

Sure! I will give the most help I can if Yuannian wants to write
something for this. I have one procedure in mind, I have already coded
it in the past for 2D packing.
This is not exactlly the same as the one from SDEC (mine is easier to
code ;)).

  Thanks a lot!  As I'm not familiar with Linux system which the YADE runs on only, I've to write the code by myself. Currently I'm working on the sphere packing algorithm comparison. I tried the RCP (random close packing), but it seems the effect is not very good for my study. I'll try to combine the geometric and dynamic ways to realize this problem. By the way, which type of method you used for your 2D packing?

  Yuannian

>BTW, is Frederic around?

Yes, he is back now, probably submerged by tons of work...

Bruno

--
Chareyre Bruno

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau I08
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 04.56.52.86.21