Re: Compilation Problem

Thank you for your help. That particular problem was solved. But, I still
have some problems.

I faced another problem related "anonymous enum" in qcolor.h. It is a
problem similar to Building notes item 7 (Fedora core 4). I changed
qcolor.hline 143 "enum
enumname1 {Dirty=0x...." and problem solved.

Then, compilation aborted again due to the following problem:

In the compilation of the file
...yade-package-dem/src/RenderingEngine/GLDrawPolyhedralSweptSphere/GLDrawPolyhedralSweptSphere.cpp
compiler gave error that "line 14: GL/freeglut_ext.h not found" and "line
58: glutSolidCylinder not defined". I investigated the problem and I
realized that there is no file named freeglut_ext.h and glutSolidCylinder
function did not defined in any header files included to above file in my
system. First I tried to install freeglut, but Mandriva is distributed with
Mesaglut and did not allow me to install it. Then I removed the above lines
from the file. Consequently, compilation finished successfully. But I can
not run yade in graphical platform. Program gives me the following error:

Constructing ClassFactory  (if multiple times - check '-rdynamic' flag!)
Constructing SerializableSingleton  (if multiple times - check '-rdynamic'
flag!)
Constructing Omega  (if multiple times - check '-rdynamic' flag!)

#      Yade first run configuration      #

1. Specify default GUI name [QtGUI] :

  using GUI: QtGUI

2. Specify the path to the default GUI [/usr/local/lib/yade/yade-guis] :
/home/oardic/YADE/lib/yade/yade-guis

  using path: /home/oardic/YADE/lib/yade/yade-guis

Please wait while loading plugins.
load unsuccesfull : QtGUI
Couldn't load everything, some stuff may work incorrectly.
Plugins loaded.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'FactoryCantCreate'
 what():  ClassFactory::create - cannot create class named: QtGUI
Aborted

Please help me again...

2006/7/16, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy@xxxxx>:

Omer Ardic said:     (by the date of Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:39:41 +0300)

> I am not very experienced in Linux therefore I am facing some
difficulties
> during compilation of YADE. I followed the instructions, all the
libraries
> were compiled but I got the following error messages  during the
compilation
> of  yade-core (I am using Mandriva 2006):

> /usr/X11R6/lib/libglut.so: undefined reference to `glPixelStorei'

Hello and welcome!

Aways nice to see new users :)

try this:

edit the file yade-core/src/yade/yade.pro and add -lGL and -lGLU at the
bottom. Eventually use lower case -lgl and -lglu. Possibly adding only
one of those two will fix the problem.

(I have just updated http://yade.berlios.de/index.php?m=700:60:40 with
that)