Re: build errors: qglviewer.h

Andrew McCracken said:     (by the date of Sun, 20 Aug 2006 13:54:39 +1200)

> Hi,
>
> I'm running ubuntu, with xfce.
>
> I get the error In file included from GLEngineEditor.cpp:9:
> GLEngineEditor.hpp:12:33: error: QGLViewer/qglviewer.h: No such file or
> directory
>
> The package libqglviewer-dev contains some files
> "/usr/include/qglviewer/QGLViewer.h", I am confused as to why the case would
> be different.
>
> although the package is broken, i tried manually extracting and including
> it, and renaming the files, which fails because of a method updateGL that
> has not been declared
>
> The archive at http://www.gris.uni-tuebingen.de/projects/qglviewer/ has the
> same file names, and the same problems
>
> i compiled using the command make compile_install INSTALL_DIR='/usr/local'
> PREFIX_DIR='/tmp' CXXFLAGS='-fPIC -DQGLVIEWER20'

Hello :)

Very nice to see a new user :)

There are TWO qglviewer packages, written by different authors - you are
using the wrong one. It is written on the website - but apparantly it is
written in the wrong place. Tell me where have you been looking for the
info about qglviewer, and I'll put that info there. Currently it is
written here:

http://yade.berlios.de/index.php?m=700:700:30

and here:

http://yade.berlios.de/index.php?m=700:120

Because qglviewer name is already used in debian-dervided distributions,
qglviewer will there have a name lib3dviewer (once it is included).

To install qglviewer, you should follow this instruction:

http://yade.berlios.de/index.php?m=700:700:40

Tell if you had any problems