Periodic Boundary Conditions in DEM

Hi, I'm trying to implement a periodic boundary condition in the DEM
module for a couette model I'm working on.

Basically, I need YADE to flag any spheres whose bounding volume has
crossed some threshold and have that sphere interact with both the spheres
behind it and the spheres on the opposite side of the volume.  Then I need
YADE to identify spheres whose positions have crossed the threshold, and
move them back to the opposite side of the volume.

Has anybody implemented something similar in the past?  I'm fairly new to
the YADE software, so any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Kenneth Ball
North Carolina State University