Re: System Requirements?

Feng, Chen said:     (by the date of Thu, 5 Apr 2007 13:00:25 -0400)

> I have once run Yade in VMware driven Fedora Core 4 under XP, however, since
> DEM code typically requires a 3D driven graphics engine (either OpenGL or
> DirectX or ...), in VMware driven FC4, I didn't find a way to install the
> nvidia driver or ati driver for video cards, so your simulation on such
> platform will be very very slow.

I have in mind a support for software rendering, so that yade will
work somehow better without graphic acceleration. But things,
unfortunately, have priorities. So I don't know when this will happen.

My first step will be to contact qglviewer author, and ask if he is
willing to accept a patch to his code, that will allow seamless
integration of switching between software and hardware rendering.

Hm, I can ask now :-) Will do.

--
# Janek Kozicki