Re: Yade-users Digest, Vol 10, Issue 4

Lionel Favier said: (by the date of Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:59:12 +0200)

> I tried your code. With freshly installed yade-all-0.10.0.tar.gz
> and the inserted sphere worked very good. It collides with other
> spheres and reacts to forces.
>
> I attach the .pro file I had used with your souce files. And I have placed those files inside
>
> /yade-all-0.10.0/yade-packages/yade-package-dem/src/Engine/StandAloneEngine/Sphere_Insertion
>
> You should try with a fresh install to see it working. But first
> compile yade without Sphere_Insertion code. Then add it and compile
> again - otherwise you will have problems with #including not yet
> installed headers. It a matter of compilation order.
I tried your solution, but I have the same result. The problem is still
the same, my element doesn't move and its current mass is zero. may be
its coming from the position given in the PreProcessor, I did that :

* shared_ptr<Sphere_Insertion> sphere_Insertion(new Sphere_Insertion);*
rootBody->engines.clear();
rootBody->engines.push_back(shared_ptr<Engine>(new
PhysicalActionContainerReseter));
rootBody->engines.push_back(sdecTimeStepper);
rootBody->engines.push_back(boundingVolumeDispatcher);
rootBody->engines.push_back(shared_ptr<Engine>(new PersistentSAPCollider));
rootBody->engines.push_back(interactionGeometryDispatcher);
rootBody->engines.push_back(interactionPhysicsDispatcher);
rootBody->engines.push_back(shared_ptr<Engine>(new ElasticContactLaw));
rootBody->engines.push_back(gravityCondition);
rootBody->engines.push_back(actionDampingDispatcher);
rootBody->engines.push_back(applyActionDispatcher);
rootBody->engines.push_back(positionIntegrator);
if(!rotationBlocked)
rootBody->engines.push_back(orientationIntegrator);

* rootBody->engines.push_back(sphere_Insertion);*

rootBody->initializers.clear();
rootBody->initializers.push_back(actionParameterInitializer);
rootBody->initializers.push_back(boundingVolumeDispatcher);

otherwise I don't know where is that coming from !!!

good day

Lionel Favier