Re: How many particles can be simulated one time, and how long it will take to get a good result?

Hello Kan

There is no precise answer to your question, unless you give us the
stiffness of particles, their density and sizes, and the number of
iterations you need. I can confirm the numbers given by Vaclav below,
but they can fluctuate a lot depending on the parameters of the model.
To give you an idea, the number of particles in my DEM simulations are
usually between 10,000 and 20,000; and the computations need often more
than 1 hour. But again, they need more than an hour because I need more
than 100,000 iterations. Would I need only 1000 iterations, then the
computation time would be 100 times less.
The only thing I'm sure is that 1 million particles is a lot.  I don't
think somebody tried this before.

Bruno