QGLViewer trouble ?

Hello all!

 I (re)started with yade on kubuntu on a PC using the step by step wiki
guide and encountered some problems

 -the Kubuntu update procedure/ adept package management has changed.
What is now the recommendet update procedure?(New to linux)

 -the site http://blabluga.hell.pl/QGLViewer/sid does not exist (New to
linux)

 -adding deb-src http://geo.hmg.inpg.fr/~smilauer/yade
<http://geo.hmg.inpg.fr/%7Esmilauer/yade> in adept "third party" makes
adept unaccessible . What are the correct attributes?(Installation of
yade on debian or kubuntu)

My major problem is caused by this QGLViewer thing. I use a Matrox
Millienium G550 graphic card (mga driver), so I have no 3D acceleration.
To install QGLViewer I used the following procedure (gcc 4.1.2).

    tar -xzf libQGLViewer-2.2.6-2.tar.gz
<http://artis.imag.fr/Members/Gilles.Debunne/QGLViewer/src/libQGLViewer-2.2.6-2.tar.gz>
    cd libQGLViewer-2.2.6-2/QGLViewer
    qmake
    make
    make install

after that I compiled yade successfully.

Unfortunately running yade ->New Simulation results in a spontaneous
logout/crash. I tried some of the QGLViewer examples and sometimes the
closing of such an example results also in an spontaneaous logout.

I also have a
X error: BadDevice.... device 169
while invoking yade.

has anybody a solution?