Re: interaction radius for spheres

Hello

Luc did that before for capillary forces.
I just checked what is used in TriaxialTestWater :

in TriaxialTestWater.cpp :
/boundingVolumeDispatcher->add("InteractingSphere2AABBwater");
/
and in InteractingSphere2AABBwater.cpp :

/aabb->halfSize =
Vector3r(1.5*sphere->radius,1.5*sphere->radius,1.5*sphere->radius);/

He hardcoded the "enlargeFactor".

Appart from that, I don't think you missed anything in existing code,
and I agree that you have to add this new data in body2AABB.

The problem is that the users will have to remember to modify the factor
simultaneaously in both classes...

Also, note that in some cases (in mine in fact :)),
InteractingSphere2InteractingSphere4SpheresContactGeometry::interactionDetectionFactor
will be more than one while Body2AABB::interactionDetectionFactor will
be 1. The typical situation for that is a cohesive contact, which will
break in tension in a "distant" situation, but will be created ONLY IF
there is a real (not-distant) contact at the beggining.

Bruno

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I had to implement interaction radius factor for spheres that is >1
> (i.e. create contact even if the spheres don't physically touch). There
> is
> InteractingSphere2InteractingSphere4SpheresContactGeometry::interactionDetectionFactor,
> but for it to work, it also needs larger AABBs so that the collider will
> request the contact to be created. For now, I added
> InteractingSphere2AABB::aabbEnlargeFactor, but I think there must be
> code for that already somewehere. Did I just miss something?
>
> Regards, Václav

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43