Re: Error Message After Launching YADE

Hello.
After launching YADE>Preprocessor>Filegenerator>...having error message in terminal like--- YadeQtMainWindow: Loading configuration file: /home/shompa/.yade-0.11.1/QtGUIPreferences.xml.
Attribute is not defined : outputFileName
Attribute is not defined : serializationDynlib
Attribute is not defined : outputFileName
Attribute is not defined : serializationDynlib
So, first, this is not a real error message, in the sense that I had also become it, and it never prevent my calculations to run well (when they didn't that was not due to this !)

Suppose I want to generate 9 partilce...for this I have to prepare my input file? But as per reference (http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/First_steps)....Filegenerators are used to generate an input file for yade to simulate something.

What is the function and significance of "import File Name"../data/small.sdec.xyz?
Then, about "import File Name". The idea is that it is a text file containing all the informations about the sample you want generate : on each line the X,Y and Z coordinates of the center on a sphere, and its radius. This informations are read by Yade, stored in a list called generally something like "sphere_list" (type "vector<BasicSphere>"), and this list is used after to generate really the sample (create the bodies). So if you want to generate 9 particle, you have to create your own text file with 9 such lines (it's normal you have no "small.sdec.xyz" file)

To finish, it should depend on the version of Yade you have, but maybe this importFileName is in fact not used (look at the sources to know it) : an other method called "GenerateCloud" can be used to create this "sphere_list". You have to give to this function the corners of a volume to be "filled" with a given number of spheres (with a given porosity assumed to be high), and a given "radius standard deviation" (the radii are statistically distributed around a calculated "mean value"). But there are default parameters in the Preprocessor normally.

Jerome