Re: I can't install yade on Slackware.Help!

> I've installed boost 1.35.0(I built it from source) and there are
> /usr/local/include/boost directory in which there are a lot of .hpp
> files and /usr/local/lib directory in which there are a lot of .so files.

The compiler is not able to find boost.
/home/xsx/build-0.11.1/config.log has all details, you can attach that
file if you've no luck with the followin. Basically, the problem can be
that either the proprocessor doesn't find boost headers and/or the
linker doesn't find the libs. Since you have those in non-standard
location (/usr/local/lib), you have to use those flags to scons:

scons CPPPATH=/usr/local/include LIBPATH=/usr/local/lib

Remember you have to do this only once, flags will be remembered.

You may stumble upon the libQGLViewer library not being found. If you
do, use recent svn instead of 0.11.1 - I've integrated qglviewer into
our own codebase and it is not necessary to have it installed.

As Feng said, I would assume the 3d view will be quite slow, since all
rendering will be done in software - don't expect miracles here.

Regards, Vaclav