About adding a surcharge (either box or force) during simulation

Hi, all:

I have an assembly of particles which needs to consolidate first, then I need to apply a surcharge on top of them. I thought of two ways:
(1) apply a box on top of the assembly. But my question is how to add a box (dynamic = true) after a certain steps, for example, first iterate 5k steps then activate the top box?
(2) Apply a force on top of the load, adding another "Engine", count the iteration number "Niter", after "Niter", add the load on top of the particle assembly.

Hope I have made my problem clear. I think the 1st way is better, is there any sample code that I can look into? Or just provide some ideas.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Feng, Chen
Graduate Student
223 Perkins Hall
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 37996
http://fchen3.googlepages.com/home <https://tmail.utk.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://fchen3.googlepages.com/home>